A. System call
B. User mode
C. Kernel mode
D. None of the above
View AnswerA. System call
- The ability to continue providing service proportional to the level of survivinghardware is called_____________
- ___________requiresa mechanism to allow the failure to be detected, diagnosed, and, if possible,corrected.
- The most common systems use___________ inwhich each processor performs all tasks within the operating system.
- Smpmeans that all processors are peers; no boss–worker relationship existsbetween processors.
- At system boot time, the hardware starts in __________mode.
- A____________takes data as its input, performs a numeric operation on thisdata, and returns a numeric value.
- A____________, in the simplest terms, is a communication path betweentwo or more systems.
- ___________ vary by the protocols used, the distances betweennodes, and the transport media.
- _____________provide an interface to the services made available by an operatingsystem.
- The______operatingsystem is an example of a single-tasking system.