A. System call
B. Virtual memory
C. Process synchronization
D. None of the above
View AnswerA. System call
- ______________Includes a process priority,pointers to scheduling queues, and any other scheduling parameters.
- ___________may include suchitems as the value of the base and limit registers and the page tables
- __________includes the amount of cpuand real time used, time limits, account numbers, job or process numbers,and so on.
- ____________includes the list of i/o devicesallocated to the process, a list of open files, and so on.
- The ability to continue providing service proportional to the level of survivinghardware is called_____________
- ___________requiresa mechanism to allow the failure to be detected, diagnosed, and, if possible,corrected.
- The most common systems use___________ inwhich each processor performs all tasks within the operating system.
- Smpmeans that all processors are peers; no boss–worker relationship existsbetween processors.
- At system boot time, the hardware starts in __________mode.
- The operatingsystem is loaded and starts user applications in ______.